[blind-chess] Policy change on other tournaments

  • From: "R Dinger" <rrdinger@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "chess" <blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 15:57:18 -0700

Hi All,

In the welcome letter I sent members after the first few that joined this list,
I stated that we would rate all games including other tournaments as long as
both players were members of this list.

I think that will eventually lead to unsymmetrical results where tournaments
are concerned and so I am proposing that tournament games sponsored by other
groups either be excluded or be treated as friendly games for rating purposes.

To date only two game scores are affected by this change and I can easily
remove the games from my records.  If I wait until there are many such games it
will be a lot of work, so I want this decided quickly.  I will adjust the
affected players so there is no loss in their current rating.

If you have comments or questions on this proposal please let me know right
away.

Richard