[bksvol-discuss] Re: white space and organization

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 01:08:06 -0600

Hi Valerie!

I have my screen reader ignore asterisks so they are not spoken with normal reading. There is just a slight hint of silence. If I left- or right-arrow over an asterisk, it will be spoken, which I sometimes do to make sure that is what it really is.

My screen reader can include or exclude whatever punctuation I want it to. When I'm proofreading in MS Word, I like to hear the single and double quotes, commas, periods, exclamation points and asterisks spoken. Any other time, all of that verbage would be annoying, but very helpful while proofreading.

Debby

At 02:51 AM 2/11/2010, Valerie Maples wrote
Okay, I have had two books in a row in my project pile with tons of transitions, increasing indents, and white space. It seems my only option is the triple asterisk surrounding insets and marking these transitions and white spaces, but my guess is it makes for very busy distractions for Braille readers and I cannot imagine how it comes across on audio conversions.

Any suggestions?

Valerie

mailto:<the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>