[bksvol-discuss] Re: update from CSUN exhibit floor

  • From: Shayla Parker <shayla@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 16:18:18 -0800

I walked by the Bookshare table in the exhibit halls yesterday--you guys were swarmed! I heard many positive things being said about Bookshare and us volunteers, and half the vendors in the hall were using Bookshare book compatibility as a selling point for their products.

I forgot how many dogs there can be at CSUN. Though for my book the cane users are the biggest hazard. Tip from me to you--if your cane strikes something doNOT whack it and keep walking. It might be someone's DOG. My poor girl. Oi. Blind people.

At 02:23 PM 3/18/2005, you wrote:

We had a successful Bookshare.org user meeting last night. Marissa lead us
all in a very productive meeting.

We're all having a ton of fun.

additionally, i'm happy to report that Noel and his dog Fiona won first
place in our blind guy and guide dog square-dancing competition. Pratik and
his imaginary guide dog, CUNY, came in a close second. i can't describe the
caliber of the talent i witnessed last night. words are not enough.

those of you who couldn't join us, you missed out.

thanks,

gustavo

Gently they go, the beautiful, the tender, the kind; Quietly they go, the intelligent, the witty, the brave. I know. But I do not approve. And I am not resigned.

-- 'Dirge Without Music', Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ring the bells that still can ring,
forget your perfect offering,
there is a crack in everything,
that's how the light gets in.