[bksvol-discuss] unzipped and lost in space

  • From: "Amy Goldring Tajalli" <agoldringtajalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 20:32:05 -0400

I scanned & validated Faulkner's The Town and submitted it with the hope of
downloading it to do some fixing on indentations and removing bold print with
WordPerfect whereas I had done most of the validating with Kurzweil. I don't
know how to undo italics and bold print where they should not be nor how to put
them in with Kurzweil.
    Well, to make a long story short, my allergy to WinZip showed up when I
downloaded the book and not only could not unzip it but could not find it where
I thought I put it and eventually what I had was garbage that had to be
deleted.
    It is not listed in the validation queue so I believe it is still listed as
my having it so if nothing else it should show up after 7 days but if anyone
has found it and wants to finish the job feel free as what I submitted was
excellent except for the 2 problems I mention above and which may be solved by
the Bookshare programming - I think/hope/guess. But would you please let me
know that it has been found. I wrote John about it but got no reply and am not
sure I sent it to the right address but I put a lot of time and effort into  it
and before I start on The Mansion I want to be sure that the previous volumes
have been accepted so I won't repeat any mistakes. The Town should show up in
the Download list for review by this weekend.

Amy
Faulknerite and omsm.