[bksvol-discuss] Re: **text Quality**

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <kellhart@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 12:45:52 -0500

Hi Louise,
You're right, we can't change this kind of thing when it's dialect and part
of the book. It is frustrating to read with speech I agree; certain things I
won't even read except in braille, either hardcopy or the Braille Note. I
would not have liked to read Huckleberry Finn with speech. <lol> But if you
always used speech you'd get used to that dialect, just like I can
understand my English synth mangling Spanish. In fact, I understand that
better than my Spanish synth because I'm more used to it. <lol>
Kellie