[bksvol-discuss] Re: scanning process? Re: Re: identifying books from download list

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 15:19:27 -0500

A lot!

If you use a poor quality scanner and a poor OCR package like let's say fine
reader 4 or say scansoft version maybe 3 smile, you are obviously going to
get worse material naturally as the program is not as advanced as say fine
reader 7 or scansoft 12 would be.  Improvements are just that.
Improvements.  I know for me, I have to do less work with version 9 than I
did with version 8 of Kurzweil because the OCR engine is updated.  Same for
the time I discovered the difference between Fine Reader and RTK which
happened in let me think Version 7.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council