[bksvol-discuss] Re: scanning process? Re: Re: identifying books from download list

  • From: "robert tweedy" <rtweedy2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 16:47:19 -0600

Gisela, I too have a microtek scanner but with open book 7 plus the upgrade. I
have noticed several things while scanning. 1. Make sure you hold down the book
firmly against the scanner which you probably do anyway. 2. If you come across
what is known as shadow binding which means that you get both pages in 1 and
the right side is blank, thanks to Shelley, bend the book backfords and
forwards to try to loosen the binding. 3. Sometimes when I get to where the
binding is even and there are a lot of errors, I don't press down as hard as I
usually would say about the third of the way through the book. As far as
everything else such as brightness goes and etc. I just let open book do the
rest.----- Original Message -----