[bksvol-discuss] Re: question about the language of the bestseller initiative

  • From: Lisa Friendly <lisaf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 21:49:43 -0700

Good idea.

I will develop a policy with the staff which incorporates their input as
well as what I¹ve read here. When we¹ve got it, I¹ll send it out to the
lists and put it in the volunteer manual.

Lisa

From: Scott Blanks <scottsjb@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 13:11:51 -0800
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] question about the language of the bestseller
initiative

Hi all,

Recent discussion revolving around the Bookshare effort to quickly place
current bestsellers into the collection has prompted me to write. If there
is a specific mission statement or synopsis paragraph about this endeavor,
I'd like to see it. In other words, I want to know exactly what the project
is supposed to do. Has a certain amount of money been set aside to be put
towards the purchase of bestsellers? If so, is this money to be spent on
bestsellers regardless of book content. Or, is this more an informal effort,
one where Bookshare is doing its best to incorporate the popular books of
now into its collection as quickly as possible, and if some don't make it,
it's not a big deal.

Scott