[bksvol-discuss] question about the language of the bestseller initiative

  • From: "Scott Blanks" <scottsjb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 13:11:51 -0800

Hi all,

Recent discussion revolving around the Bookshare effort to quickly place current bestsellers into the collection has prompted me to write. If there is a specific mission statement or synopsis paragraph about this endeavor, I'd like to see it. In other words, I want to know exactly what the project is supposed to do. Has a certain amount of money been set aside to be put towards the purchase of bestsellers? If so, is this money to be spent on bestsellers regardless of book content. Or, is this more an informal effort, one where Bookshare is doing its best to incorporate the popular books of now into its collection as quickly as possible, and if some don't make it, it's not a big deal.

Scott