[bksvol-discuss] priorities and time line for accomplishing them

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 05:33:11 -0500

Monica I read your note about Jake working with bookshare with interest. I am glad you found that out. I never would have know without your note.

Now my comments on the rest of your message regarding time lines.

First I agree that these kind of coding changes often take weeks or months to implement rather than days when fixing a web site.

However, my previous concerns regard issues which have been around for longer than you have been with bookshare and longer than I have either. They involve the page headers and footers issue, page numbers and the stripper. Such issues have been giving volunteers trouble for over six years. They existed before I began volunteering.

I understand things taking weeks or months. This question of waiting six years for a fix and then taking on more priorities begore the fix of the stripper does need addressing.

I know you value your role as a peacemaker and a volunteer. You are doing a great job. This is to be taken as concern about bookshare priorities rather than a personal criticism of any specific volunteer or bookshare staff member. Issues having to do with page headers and footers and the stripper existed long before Lisa Friendly or most of the current staff members or volunteers were even with bookshare. All I ask for is a time line giving their priority given all bookshare's new tasks.

A few months is understandable. Six years is less understandable.

E.