[bksvol-discuss] Re: planning to scan

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 15:01:25 -0400

Gutenberg has a bunch of formats that you can download. The trick is to download the one that is compatible with your system. Here is something you might want to try. OpenLibrary.org has pretty much everything Gutenberg has except for Gutenberg's public domain magazines. If you are using Bookshare then I would suppose you have a Daisy reader. Open Library's downloadable books are all available in Daisy. Their protected Daisy books, that is, the ones that are in copyright, require an NLS key to read, but all of their Daisy books from Gutenberg are available for reading without any kind of key.

"The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry." - Richard Dawkins

The Militant:
http://www.themilitant.com
Pathfinder Press:
http://www.pathfinderpress.com