[bksvol-discuss] optimization and adf scanners

  • From: "Cheryl Fogle" <cfogle@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 13:27:56 -0600

Hi Kaitlyn and list,

The way I optimize when using an autodocument feeder (atf) is to place the first sheet directly on the scanner bed and run Kurzweil's optimize feature. After saving the settings, I close the lid and place the scanned page in the bottom of the adf where pages come out so that I keep the pages in order. Then I load the remaining pages into the adf and hit f9 to start scanning. If I'm hearing lower confidence levels, I can stop the scanning and try the optimize feature again. hth

Cheryl
On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 20:10:31 -0700
 "Kaitlyn Hill" <Kaitlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Optimize I guess works well when you can use it but it doesn't work with ADF
scanners. Also I wonder how well it does in light of after working with my
scanner and K1000 I rarely have to change anything to get a good scan
consistently.

Kaitlyn Healing Practitioner
"The cost of a thing is the amount of what I call life, which is required to
be exchanged for it immediately or in the long run."
Henry Thoreau