[bksvol-discuss] Re: need copyright check on old book

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 12:03:40 -0500 (EST)

This if off-list.

What I've discovered is that the real issue in most instances is that
Gustavo is concerned that the submitter may have put the publisher into
the copyright field unknowingly.
Some submitters do this all the time apparently not knowing better.
What I've started doing is when I cannot verify
such as through the Copyright office database, is to paste the copyright
info as it appears in the book into the comments field.
Gustavo has never questioned that which leads me to believe what I said
above.

Given what Carrie and Cindy have supplied you, this validation should be a
breeze.
Gustavo, in my view, did a poor job in explaining what his concern was or
perhaps he was afraid that the explanation might offend some volunteers.