[bksvol-discuss] Re: need copyright check on old book

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 18:18:48 -0600

Hi Cindy,
Just a side note. At that time copyrights lasted for twenty-eight years with an optional one time renewal. So from 1956 to 1984 is a 28 year gap. 1984 is probably the renewal date. And like someone said the database available online only goes back to sometime in the 1970s.

Copyright law is much different now and changes affect older copyrights as well. The 28-28 was in effect during 1956 though.

Jake