[bksvol-discuss] Re: just submitted Final Jeopardy

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 04:00:53 -0700

Absolutely! Look at your favorite categories or authors you really like and see what's already up there and what ratings they have. If it is Fair, then the chances are extremely good that it needs a rescan. In my experience, and with my DP condition - Deranged Perfectionism - most books rated Good need a rescan as well. I have done a few rescans myself and have more planned in between adding new books to the collection.

When Bookshare began, so I have heard, the emphasis was on building the collection and quality seems to have taken a back seat in many cases. Now that emphasis has shifted but there's still some old stuff up there that it would be great to replace and bring the quality of the collection up overall. One of my main interests is in Science Fiction, and there is a lot of work to be done there. I have the pleasure of looking forward to adding new books to Bookshare and replacing some bad old ones for a long time to come.

Evan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>