[bksvol-discuss] Re: intro and a few questions

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 16:23:27 -0800 (PST)

The Edit file has both Find and Replace. I'm used to using the keyboard,
though; the apple key plus F takes you to Find, and the replace command is also
there;  uh oh. Are you sighted? if  not will you understand what I'm trying to
explain?
When the Find-replace box opens,at the bottom on the right-hand side there is a
box marked special with up and down arrows. When you click on that a menu
opens;with your cursor in the find space you can scroll up to section break and
click on it; Wait! I just--the keystroks to use for section break is the
upside-down caret that's above the number 6 on the keyboard and a lower case b.
When this is in the Find box,  you can replace with upside-down caraet and
lower cas m to put in manual page breaks; (or leave Replace empty if you just
want to get rid of the section breaks

I hope this is helpful and not confusing
Cindy

want to stress that you do not want to get rid of page breaks.  You do,
however, want to get rid of section breaks if they exist in your file, and
replace them with page breaks.  A book without page breaks is a book very
likely destined not to be added to the Bookshare collection.  I know that
all of the terminology is confusing, so with any luck, you meant to say that
you
want to delete section breaks, or more accurately to replace them with page
breaks.