[bksvol-discuss] headers

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 15:20:46 -0800 (PST)

Bob,

I haven't followed this thread too closely, but your
recent post has confused me. If Iunderstand you
correctly: it doesn't really matter whether the header
is a title, author, or chapter header. While you're
scanning, if the page number and header are on the
same line, don't worry about it. If you pre-validate
before submitting, you can manually delete the headers
and retain the page number. Otherwise, the validator
will do it. Headers usually come out garbled anyway.

If the page number is at the bottom of the page, I try
to start the scan below the header so I have less to
delete when I'm finished with the scan. (I prevalidate
before submitting my scans -- or did. Now I'm not
scanning books, since so many people like to and I
prefer to validate).

Cindy

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250