[bksvol-discuss] Re: headers

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 23:21:06 -0600

Robert,  after you have ensured that all pages are there,  without
duplications or missing pages,  you can get rid of page headers and
footers very safely on Kurzweil 9.02 using file/utilities/Remove headers
And Footers,  using the 'carefully' option.
Chapter titles and headers will survive,  but most page headers and
footers will be gone.  Just make sure you check for page integrity first,
because all page numbers will be gone after stripping.

Guido

Guido Dante Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
Research Division,
Phone:  512. 838. 9735.
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web:  http://www.ibm.com/able

"bob tweedy" <rtweedy2@xxxxxxx>
12/28/2004 10:29 PM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Re: headers

Cindy, the weird thing here, is that the headers of each year is the same
as
the same at the top of the page. I was thinking of the reader as he or she

read the book and believe me it is confusing, Rock Star is on the left
side
and the other header of the year is on the right, or ii it the beginning
of
a new chapter and the only way to know is to make sure it is a different
character at the beginning of the page. It would be easier with the author

on the left and the title of the book on the right which is in most cases.