[bksvol-discuss] Re: footnotes

  • From: misha <mishatronics@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2011 07:10:46 -0800

According to the proofing and scanning manual, we are now supposed to enclose footnote numbers in parentheses and put a space before the open parenthesis. If you mean there is a period before the number, even if it is not the end of a sentence, I'd replace that with the space and open parenthesis.

Misha

On 12/2/2011 5:29 AM, Monica Svopa wrote:

Hello list members. I had a question about footnotes. In the current book I scanned am reading for class, it has the footnote numbers written like this- there a word, followed by a period and then a number 1 for the first footnote. I wondered, how would I accurately represent this. For example, would I put a space after the period and enclose the number 1 in parentheses? I’m not sure how to handle this.

Also, at the end of the book there’s a chapter called End Notes ehich explains what these numbers refer to for each chapter. Thanks again as always.

Monica Svopa