[bksvol-discuss] Re: curious - and Cherry Ames

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 21:10:24 -0700 (PDT)

I'm sure it was in the 40's that I read them --by the 50's I was in high school
in college. And they were hard bounds. We didn't have paperbacks in those
days--just comic books and movie magazines. grin I don't think paperbacks were
published until after the war. Paper was scarce. You can find some hardbound
books published then in  a funny paper, thinner, I think.and apologized for.
That's why some of those are hard to scan. I'm sure George and maybe Bud and
some of you others who are close to my age remember paper drives. I think the
books that were published in those days were used recycled paper.

list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List: