[bksvol-discuss] Re: curious - and Cherry Ames

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 22:32:24 -0500

Hey, Roger!

I can't speak for the other ladies, and I certainly know a lot of the types of people you are speaking about, but under no remote circumstance would I have ever been considered one of them. Not only was I one of the least popular people of all time, quite nerdy at that, my IQ is over 140. I graduated second in my class of 700, and that with not being at school too much because of volunteer work I did off campus. I'm not saying this to toot my horn, but just to say that I was anything except an airhead. I would guess for me they were in escape or dreaming of my future in healthcare. I eventually was accepted to medical school, but could not afford to go. I have, however, dedicated my life to learning, helping, and assisting those with chronic health issues.

For what it's worth...
Valerie

Check out my kids at:

 http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/nicholemaples <new>
 http://www.caringbridge.org/ms/nicholemaples
 http://www.caringbridge.org/ms/cindymaples
 http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jorgemaples

On 08 17, 2009, at 9:26 PM, Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx wrote:

Those of you who are fans of nurse books please don't take offense at this. I am only talking about a vague impression I had in the past that was not based on much in the way of facts. When I was in high school I did notice that a number of people were reading nurse books. I had no reason to be interested in those books myself, but I noticed that virtually every person who I saw carrying them around were those who I would have classified as the airhead caucus of the female student body, so I came to think of nurse books as airhead books. After leaving high school I never gave that impression a thought again and, indeed, I never gave nurse books a thought again because I don't think I ever saw one again. That is, I never gave them a thought again until the subject came up here. Now I wonder if the nurse books you folks are talking about are the same ones I saw when I was in high school.