[bksvol-discuss] Re: children's chapter books in series

  • From: <ldspeaker17@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 18:47:21 -0800 (PST)

My Dad is currently scanning Inkspell-the sequel to
Inkheart by Cornelia Funke.

So those are taken care of.

Other notable series:
Books following A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine
L'Engle-A Wind in the Door, A Swiftly Tilting Planet,
Many Waters

The Dear America and My Name is America books.  These
are excellent journal format books that are
historically accurate and give a personal view point.

The Happy Hollisters (mystery series)

The scary/sci-fi series by John Belair

Goosebumps by R.L. Stine

Sabrina: The Teenage Witch

Sweet Valley Twins

As far as Little House by Laura Ingalls
Wilder-bookshare only has the first four years in
braille.

The Little House books starring Rose by Roger Lee
Mcbride and David Gilleese include, in order, The
Rocky Ridge Collection: Little House on Rocky Ridge,
Little Farm in the Ozarks, in the Land of the Big Red
Apple, on the Other Side of the Hill then The Rose
Years: Little Town in the Ozarks, New Dawn on Rocky
Ridge, On the Banks of the Bayou, and Bachelor Girl

I would happily validate The Little House books-in
order, Madeleine L'Engle, Dear America, Boxcar
Children, Happy Hollisters, American Girl, and
Babysitter's Club (not little sister).

I've got the last Leven Thumps to scan...

:),
Christamae