[bksvol-discuss] Re: children's chapter books in series

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 17:23:48 -0800 (PST)

That's quite a collection. Some, like Amelia Bedelia,
I haven't thought of as chapter books, but I guess if
one considers each individual book a chapter, they
would be. On the other hand Lemony SNicket and Little
House and Misty definitely are chapter books. In our
library, books like the Wizard of Oz and the Tamora
Pierce books  are in a different section from the
children's picture books, and there is a part of that
section separated that are in-between and identified
as Independent Readers books. Then there is in a third
section, the Young Adult books, which seem to be for
junior high and early high school. It makes it hard to
identify the books when we scan or validate for
bookshare.

There are 86 books on the Wish List by Katherine
Applegate; 9 Junie B. Jones on the Wish List; and I'm
not going to take the time to count the Jane Yolen
books, there are too many. She's certainly prolific.
smile

G.Cindy

at
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/