[bksvol-discuss] children's chapter books in series

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookshare Vol Group <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 08:12:14 -0800 (PST)

Hi gang,

One of the mandates we have received lately is to try to finish up all the
books in children's chapter series. Obviously we'll never get ALL of them done,
but we can at least make a valiant effort at it. I would encourage anyone who's
interested in this to scan and validate these books to help out! If you're
wondering what books I'm talking about, here's a partial list of children's
chapter books in series:
Amber Brown, by Paula Danziger
Amelia Bedelia, by Herman Parish
American Girl, by various authors
Animorphs, by K. A. Applegate
Arthur, by Marc Brown
Baby-sitter's Club and Baby-sitter's Little Sister, by Ann M. Martin
Bailey School Kids, by Debbie Dadey and Marcia Thornton Jones
Beatrix Potter
Berenstain Bears, by Stan and Jan Berenstain
Boxcar Children, by Gertrude Chandler Warner
Cam Jansen, by David Adler
Clue, Jr., by Parker C. Hinter
Commander Toad, by Jane Yolen
Curious George, by Margret and H. A. Rey
Dr. Seuss
Encyclopedia Brown, by Donald Sobol
Everworld, by Katherine Applegate
Hardy Boys, by Franklin W. Dixon
Harry Potter, by J. K. Rowling (DONE!)
How Do Dinosaurs, by Jane Yolen and Mark Teague
Junie B. Jones, by Barbara Park
Lemony Snicket
Leven Thumps, by Obert Skye
Little House, by Laura Ingalls Wilder
Magic Tree House, by Mary Pope Osborne
Misty of Chincoteague, by Marguerite Henry
Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle, by Betty MacDonald
Nancy Drew, by Carolyn Keene
Nate the Great, by Marjorie Weinman Sharmat
Polk Street School, by Patricia Reilly Giff
Ramona, by Beverly Cleary
Secret World of Alex Mack, by various authors
Time Warp Trio, by Jon Scieszka
Trixie Belden, by Julie Campbell
Winnie the Pooh, by A. A. Milne
Wizard of Oz, by L. Frank Baum

I'm sure there are some childrens' series I've missed, but feel free to scan
and validate those books too. Some people (like Mayrie) have been diligent in
submitting these books, and I thank them very much! (And of course, if you're
not interested in this, never mind...)

Thanks in advance for your help!  Carrie

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs