[bksvol-discuss] Re: books I validated today

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 14:33:49 -0800

Right. I have noticed that it is older books - in terms of when they arrived at Bookshare - that are the worst in quality, even though they have a Good rating. Scanning systems have improved a great deal in just the last few years, so just throwing a book on the scanner without any special effort is likely to produce a better quality scan than it did a few years ago. But there are a lot of older books that need redone, at least in my DP point of view, and if I get one like that, and have the time, I redo it. I forget who proposed the idea here, but I am still wondering if discarding the books rated Poor might not be such a bad idea as I thought it was when I first heard it.

Evan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Monica Willyard" <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>