[bksvol-discuss] Re: book request: In the Key of Genius: The Extraordinary Life of Derek Paravicini

  • From: Chela Robles <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 09:13:17 -0700

Yeh, there is another guy, who is blind and autistic name Tony Deblois and there is a book and CD combo, the CD is by him of course, and the book is by his mom. you can read about it at his web site: http://www.tonydeblois.com/ I have twosighted autistic friends one female and one totally bright male friend who knows everything there is to know, and he graduated from college emphasis on education from the community JC here. I also have a nephew who is autistic and he is going on 5, so, I'm too having to learn how to communicate with them. It is kind of hard to talk to John because he knows beyond what I even know.

O:-)

--
"Passion is a great motivator. Music is a life-long learning experience."
--
Chela Robles
Facebook/Linked-In/E-mail/AIM/GoogleTalk: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx

On 6/19/2012 8:56 AM, Madeleine Linares wrote:
If you guys do not know who Derek is, and you're into music, then I suggest you
do a bit of research. this guy is blind and severely autistic, but he's an
incredible pianist. He can play most songs he hears on his first attempt, not
to mention on any musical style and on any key. I'll link you to a youtube
video so you can check this out. it's totally incredible. the book mentioned in
the subject line is one written by his piano teacher and mentor, Adam
Ockelford. I'd love to read this and I'm willing to proof it since I'd love to
read it immediately :D. Ok here's a video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpIigV7-kJk