[bksvol-discuss] Re: book request: In the Key of Genius: The Extraordinary Life of Derek Paravicini

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 12:16:23 -0400

He is certainly autistic. It shows through in his voice. I don't know about severely though. If it was severe he would not even be able to talk.

On 6/19/2012 11:56 AM, Madeleine Linares wrote:
If you guys do not know who Derek is, and you're into music, then I suggest you
do a bit of research. this guy is blind and severely autistic, but he's an
incredible pianist. He can play most songs he hears on his first attempt, not
to mention on any musical style and on any key. I'll link you to a youtube
video so you can check this out. it's totally incredible. the book mentioned in
the subject line is one written by his piano teacher and mentor, Adam
Ockelford. I'd love to read this and I'm willing to proof it since I'd love to
read it immediately :D. Ok here's a video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpIigV7-kJk