[bksvol-discuss] Re: book request: In the Key of Genius: The Extraordinary Life of Derek Paravicini

  • From: Chela Robles <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 09:30:59 -0700

Here is where you can get the book I mentioned briefly about the other musician: http://www.amazon.com/Some-Kind-Genius-Extraordinary-Journey/dp/1594862737 Also here is the Amazon link for the intended subject line: http://www.amazon.com/In-Key-Genius-Extraordinary-Paravicini/dp/0099513587

--
"Passion is a great motivator. Music is a life-long learning experience."
--
Chela Robles
Facebook/Linked-In/E-mail/AIM/GoogleTalk: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx

On 6/19/2012 9:16 AM, Roger Loran Bailey wrote:
He is certainly autistic. It shows through in his voice. I don't know about severely though. If it was severe he would not even be able to talk.

On 6/19/2012 11:56 AM, Madeleine Linares wrote:
If you guys do not know who Derek is, and you're into music, then I suggest you do a bit of research. this guy is blind and severely autistic, but he's an incredible pianist. He can play most songs he hears on his first attempt, not to mention on any musical style and on any key. I'll link you to a youtube video so you can check this out. it's totally incredible. the book mentioned in the subject line is one written by his piano teacher and mentor, Adam Ockelford. I'd love to read this and I'm willing to proof it since I'd love to read it immediately :D. Ok here's a video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpIigV7-kJk