[bksvol-discuss] book request

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 16:08:36 -0400

Hi All,

For anyone out there with a good library nearby, I would like to request that they consider the following 2 authors and series when they are looking for something to scan. I've looked at my local library, but no luck, and none of the used book stores seem to have any either.

Brian Freemantle's Charlie Muffin series.
Charlie Muffin is a British secret agent that doesn't fit the typical hero mold. He is a middle aged agent with sore feet, who lives alone, who's life is centered around his work, but he is forced to balance the young aggressive climbers, and seems to be fighting being sacrificed to their ambition. The series can be quite humorous at times, and they are good reads.

The Blackford Oakes novels by William F. Buckley.
These books are similar to Clive Cussler's and are even a bit more unbelievable than the James Bond series by Ian Flemming, but they are good books when you want something that doesn't require a lot of thought or concentration, just something to relax with.

Thanks,

Dave