[bksvol-discuss] Re: book request

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 14:09:29 -0600

There are several keyboard oriented tutorials for MS Word. MS Word is, however,
not a desktop publishing program. I can't say what the differences are, but my
sighted husband, who uses MS PUblisher and MS
Word, emphatically states that Word is NOT! a desktop publish app, whereas MS
Publisher is. Anyway, the problem with print books that purport to tell people
how to use computer programs is that they are loaded
with screen shots, which do not ocr well at all, and they are also not keyboard
oriented. I'd suggest you'd have better luck finding one of the keyboard
oriented tutorials that are produced with screen reader users in
mind. John Wilson and Brian Hartgen produce two, and I'm sure there are others.
Your screen reader vendor may have some ideas also.
Mary