[bksvol-discuss] Re: book not marked "hold for"

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 14:34:26 -0500

Hi Mayrie and everyone!

The process of leaving ahold for someone was the most unintuitive part of anything that has to do with volunteering. I'm glad that I wasn't the only person who thought that the file name was what should be changed when submitting a book held for a proofreader who was really looking forward to proofing it. I goofed like that twice when Valerie wanted to proof. She was able to grab the first one in time, but the next one got away, and, since it was up for grabs with a plain title, since I hadn't known to changed the title of the book on the title field on the web site so the hold would show up, another proofer took it.. I'm glad I understand the process now.

Debby

At 07:21 AM 6/2/2010, Mayrie ReNae wrote
Hi Vic,

My guess is that since the "hold for" was only in the file name, and not on
the checkout page, it's fine for you to proofread the book.  Either the hold
expired, or the original person who was going to proofread the book opted
not to do it for some reason.  The file name still contains the "hold for"
because it was part of what the submitter called the file on his or her
computer, but Carrie (Bookshare staff) removed the "hold for" so that
someone else, like you, could proofread the book.  I'd say proofread happily
away, and enjoy the book!

Mayrie