[bksvol-discuss] Re: author suggestions and encouragement

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 01:07:36 -0800 (PST)

Do, though, please, when submitting those books mention whether they are
fiction and not overtly preachy; I proofed a book by Grace Livingstone Hill and
enjoyed it, (I don't think I'm  familiar with  the other authors, though I have
the impression from somewhere that the Thoene books are religious nonfiction. I
proofed one piece of Christian fiction that was very overtly preachy and badly
written beside; Not being Christian, I don't enjoy reading/proofing that kind
of book, but ones that tell a good story and have a moral, and are subtly
Christian I don't mind at all; there was a series I enjoyed, though I can't
remember what it was; I think the main character was a minister
Cindy

>________________________________

days of so many publishers contributing to bookshare, there are many authors
who
may not be submitted by publishers and they would be ideal for us volunteers to
work on.  Particularly for those who work on Christian materials, Here is a
list of authors to consider.  Jane Peart, Linda Nicholson, Grace Livingston
Hill, Lois Gladys Leppard, lenora Mattingly Webber, and JuneMasters Bacher,
Gilbert Morris and Brock and Bodie Thoene.
      Keep up the great work and don't stop
volunteering those hard to find books like ones I've mentioned and Cherry Ames
and older Caroline Keene or Carolyn Keene that you all have so wonderfully
done.  Thanks and have a blessed day.