[bksvol-discuss] Re: another opinion

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 17:40:51 -0700 (PDT)

Jim,

As my husband said about some other volunteer work I'm
doing, turning a Fair book into an excellent book is
gives me psychic pay--I think that's the term he used.
At least I know for sure that others will enjoy
reading the book, and if I reject it I have my doubts
that it will get rescanned--and I can't live with
those doubts (o.k., so I'm a little bit crazy).

I think the fact that submissions have gotten so much
better in general is a testimony to our discussions
here and the quality of the submitters. But SWSNBN
(She Who Shall Not Be Named) doesn't care, and even
when asked by a friend to be more careful submissions
hasn't changed much--though maybe I shouldn't say
that. The last book I happened to see looked like a
prerry good scan except for the slants in it that no
one could easily gety rid of.

Cindy