[bksvol-discuss] Re: Wish List Request

  • From: Mayrie ReNae <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 12:39:30 -0800

Hi Jim,

I have been working on this book for years. It will need a sighted validator to describe the pictures included in the book. Never mind that the printing in the book is quite taxing to recognition engines. I think this is one of the most beautiful books ever written, and will get it into the collection some day, but it will not be an easy book to get scanned well, and deserves absolutely nothing but the most careful treatment, it is that precious to me. And the pictures are part of the artistry of the book and should be described to make the book as truly complete as it can be.

Mayrie

At 09:47 AM 2/20/2008, you wrote:

Hi,
If someone wants to scan a book called The Book of Qualities and it's not
in the collection, I will validate if you put a hold for me.

Thanks.

Jim

james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx, 412-544-1810

"it is only possible to live happily ever after on a day-to-day basis." --
Margaret Bonnano

Highmark internal only: Consider Usability Engineering On Your Next Project
or release. http://highwire.highmark.com/sites/iwov/hwt093/