[bksvol-discuss] Re: Subtitles

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 18:18:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Paula,

  When I'm in doubt about the subtitle, I usually check the copyright page, if
it's a recent book. Many times the official title of the book will be listed
there.  If it includes the subtitle, so do I.  If it doesn't, neither do I.  Of
course, if the copyright page doesn't have the official title, then I wing it
:-)  Whatever you feel comfortable with!

  Carrie

Paula and James Muysenberg <outofsightlife@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  When a book has a subtitle, I've been including it in the edit box with
the title. I just follow the title with a colon, and then add the subtitle.
The two books I validated recently didn't do this, so I'm wondering if I did
the right thing. Should I continue including subtitles in the Title field?

Thanks,
Paula

countries) for 2¢/min or less.