[bksvol-discuss] Re: Sorry phone died too and a question about quality

  • From: Laura Shannon <brighteyes324@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 14:27:59 -0400

Hi everyone,

On quality assurance, I believe that the majority of new volunteers also
expect to read every word. I say this because I think that is what fuels
the absence of books of interest being available on the check out list
concern. Yes, I have proofed books that are not something I initially would
read on my own, and still read every word, but I have worked as an editor
so that is not new for me. For some I can see they would want a book of
some interest to them.

Regards,

Laura

P.S. I agree that if quality assurance is the reason for many holds, then
there should be some sort of system for verifying the quality of new
volunteers. I had thought that since they go through a check before being
added, that would suffice but apparently that is not the case.