[bksvol-discuss] who to give feedback to?

  • From: Denise Thompson <deniset@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 11:16:47 -0700

Hi folks
Can anyone tell me the best person to give feedback to regarding the new download system recently introduced? I tried it last night for the first time. I wanted to try a DAISY audio book to see what the speech is like. Not too bad actually, but a male voice choice would be nice as well. The thing that seems senseless to me is that it transfers you immediately to your history page. Since it takes a little over an hour for the book to be prepared and ready for you to download it's a waste of time and steps for this to happen. You either sit there or have to manually go back to the book list and finish looking for other books to download. Each time they put you in your history page and each time you have to go back to your book list. It's a waste of time and effort and very frustrating. I do like the combo box. It's a nice feature. The disadvantage to choosing other formats besides DAISY text is the wait for preparation. For all these years we've gotten used to instant downloads. It's a real deterrent to have to wait more then an hour for audio. I'm not sure it'll really catch on as long as that remains the case.
Denise

At 10:08 AM 8/1/2012, you wrote:
Hi! I just got off the volunteer phone call and I wanted to let each of you know that I'm willing to scan the book that, A, Lissie won't proof and Evan won't scan and, B, one or two of Kelly's herbal books. I'm sighted, a long-time volunteer, and I like to think I'm pretty good, but one thing I'm not is very fast.

So, please write to me off-list at mmbeagle@xxxxxxxxx and let's make some books!

Gratefully,
Marilyn
mmbeagle@xxxxxxxxx