[bksvol-discuss] Re: Sent Four Books to Bookshare for Scanning

  • From: Jamie Yates <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 07:09:06 -0700 (PDT)

Quickly I wanted to share that if you buy used books at half.com, and buy from
the same seller, half.com gives you a shipping discount. I think shipping for
one book is $3.25 (paperback) and then if you buy a second paperback from the
same seller, shipping is only $1.65. Amazon doesn't do that. I think they
charge $3.49 shipping per paperback book. But at half.com the minimum price a
seller can list is 75 cents (although you may occasionally find a book less
than that from the old days when they let sellers sell at any price). At Amazon
a seller can list at 1 cent if they wish though I don't know why they do,
because Amazon takes a fee of 99 cents plus 15% per book sold.

  Now I really need to study a little bit for my first exam tonight.

  I may have a box of books I want to send to Bookshare to let Carrie, et al,
scan. If I did, would I just send it to the Palo Alto address? I went through a
lot of my books last week to put some in our yard sale, some in a pile I want
to keep because I haven't read, and some in a pile because Bookshare doesn't
have them.

Jamie in Michigan