[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scanner Suggestions?

  • From: "Gary Petraccaro" <garypet130@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 10:27:07 -0500

  Your best bets are Epson or Plustek.  It depends on what kinds of books you
scan, how you like to scan, and what physical issues you have if any.  If
you're still using XP, I have a couple Epson 1660's I'm willing to part with.
If Win7, the Plustek line works well especially if you intent to do single-page
scanning, bookedge scanning.  There are probably Epsons which will work with it
too, someone recommended a 37 or 370 of theirs.  Those aren't bookedge and
probably work best with two-page mode paperbacks.
  I do almost all of my scanning with the Plustek 3600.  I keep hoping it will
die so I can upgrade to the 4600 or 4800 whichever it is currently.  It won't
die.  It just keeps on scanning.  It was supposed to die after 22000 scans or
so.  That's several lives back.

  Happy Holidays.