[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scanner Suggestions

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 10:24:21 -0500

Hi Kelly,

Have you tried any of the other scanner drivers?
My recollection is that with HPs delays may be caused by either the Accupage, or Twain drivers.

Dave

At 08:01 AM 1/7/2005, you wrote:
Hello,

My present scanner is an HP5200 and for the most part I'm pleased with the results. I generally have scanning configured to scan with HP SCL and Accupage in either OpenBook or a demo of K1000 I'm exploring.

However I have noticed that each scan takes about 12 seconds from the time I initiate a scan until the page scan actually starts. This time is taken up with what sounds like two attempts to adjust something on the scanner as it makes about a 1 second series of stops and starts with a long gap between each attempt. The actual scan takes about 7 seconds and maybe 5 for the scanner return. The 7 and 5 second times are fine it is the long gap from the time I initiate a scan to something productive I'm trying to eliminate.

Does anyone have a suggestion on a scanner that has a faster time to start the actual scan? I scan a lot of books in a batch mode and would like to find something with a shorter delay before I can scan a new page.

Thanks,

Kelly