[bksvol-discuss] Re: RTF format.

  • From: "Amy Goldring Tajalli" <agoldringtajalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 13:31:06 -0400

Jamie,

The only problem with submitting a book in kes is that it has to be validated
by someone with kes which means it may be on Step 1 for a long time as more
validators can work with an rtf file than those who have Kurzweil. Even
Kurzweil users can work on rtf files though it is not, as they will tell you,
primarily a word processing program and relies on other such programs - so they
say but when I am scanning in Kurzweil I have not problem correcting the scans
without converting them to rtf or anything else. It is just with rtf files
which I cannot always correct in Kurzweil. I can insert page divisions in the
scanning mode better than in the  plain rtf file and my word perfect program
cannot insert blank pages and cannot multiply arbitrarily with kes files even
rtf files in kes.  Sounds weird but whatever works.

Amy