[bksvol-discuss] Re: Quick question about the conversion tool

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 16:31:27 -0600

Hi Netta,

Definitely do not put any asterisks after the page numbers at the top of the page.

You want to keep the blank line after the page number because it helps the converter find the page number correctly. Without it, the converter doesn't do as well finding the page numbers, according to the info I have on it at least.

Judy s.
On 12/28/2012 1:41 PM, Roger Loran Bailey wrote:
We were instructed to put a blank line after the page number, but I don't recall any instructions that we should preserve them by putting asterisks there and of all the Bookshare books I have downloaded I have never come across one with asterisks after the page numbers. So apparently the answer is no. That does raise the question, though, of why we should place blank lines after them. The conversion tool should just strip them out. I keep putting in the blank lines anyway though.
On 12/28/2012 2:34 PM, Dornetta wrote:
Blank
Hey guys;
I know that the conversion tool strips blank lines in text but I have a quick question. When formatting/proofing a book, should we put asterisks after the page number if we move them to the top or just let it be?
My format looks like this (with the asterisks)
blank line
page number
blank line
chapter heading
blank line
text
Note: that after the chapter heading I have asterisks but not after the page number. So, am I suppose to put asterisks after the page numbers to preserve the blank line or not?
Thanks,
Netta