[bksvol-discuss] Re: Quick question about the conversion tool

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 14:41:55 -0500

We were instructed to put a blank line after the page number, but I don't recall any instructions that we should preserve them by putting asterisks there and of all the Bookshare books I have downloaded I have never come across one with asterisks after the page numbers. So apparently the answer is no. That does raise the question, though, of why we should place blank lines after them. The conversion tool should just strip them out. I keep putting in the blank lines anyway though.

On 12/28/2012 2:34 PM, Dornetta wrote:
Blank
Hey guys;
I know that the conversion tool strips blank lines in text but I have a quick question. When formatting/proofing a book, should we put asterisks after the page number if we move them to the top or just let it be?
My format looks like this (with the asterisks)
blank line
page number
blank line
chapter heading
blank line
text
Note: that after the chapter heading I have asterisks but not after the page number. So, am I suppose to put asterisks after the page numbers to preserve the blank line or not?
Thanks,
Netta