[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question re columns

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 08:53:50 -0600

The problems of 2 columns in the table of contents is caused by
recognizing with an incorrect setting.  The book should have been
recognized as having two pages per scan instead of multiple columns per
page..  I found that fixing decolumnized tables of content is usually a
dawnting manual task.  Guido

Guido Dante Corona
IBM Research,
Human Ability & Accessibility Center,   (HA&AC)
Austin Tx.
Phone:  512. 838. 9735.
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web:  http://www.ibm.com/able

". . . Maybe it was only those who were most certain they were right who
were guaranteed to be wrong. And that maybe, just maybe, those who
questioned the most were in the end those who came closest to being wise."
[David Poyer, The Command]

From:
bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Recipients:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question re columns
Date:
07:01:26 AM Today

How do you convert from 2 columns to 1, once the scan is done?
I think I've done it in K1000, but I can't figure it out in Word, and I
prefer to validate in Word whenever possible.
Thanks.
Tracy