[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question re columns

  • From: "Donna Smith" <donnafsmith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 06:12:25 -0500

I always convert columns to a single column, such as in table of contents.
Because neither screen readers or braille displays lend themselves to easily
reading down one column and then reading down the second, (the way most
columnized text is intended to be read), I find it easier to process it
mentally if it's just one straight column of text.  Even in hard-copy
braille, rarely is there space on a page to put two columns of text that
look exactly like the print version, though if the columns are narrow
enough, it would be possible.

Donna