[bksvol-discuss] Re: Quality and page breaks

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 00:03:59 -0500 (EST)

Shelley

You bring up something else which is important.

We improve our scans and validating as we gain experience.  If a newcomer
is shown the door, so to speak, and discouraged from submitting -- or
becomes apprehensive in doing so -- how do we gain.
That's why I would prefer cataloging solutions which would alert folks to
problems and potential difficulties rather they summarily being thrown
out.
A system such as BookShare needs that flexibility given what this is --
grassroots sharing of personally scanned books.