[bksvol-discuss] Re: Proofing with my braille note in power

  • From: Regina Alvarado <reggie.alvarado@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 14:28:37 -0500

Lisa:
Sorry again for the delay! I watch for the line space markers.  If I am
starting a page, there should be a page break marker, ed sign-f and then the
number after it, if they are not at the bottom.  There should be then an
enter marker 4-5-6-ed I think. (Do this so automatically, hard to transfer
into print, sorry.)  Then the title of the chapter and then another enter
marker 4-5-6-ed.  Then starts the text.  Sometimes I leave an extra enter
marker between the number and the chapter name, but I don't think it is
necessary.  At the bottom after the last word, if it is not hyphenated in
which case I bring the end of the word from the next page and finish the
word, there should then be 2 enter marks and then the number if the number
is there and then the page break again.  At least this is how I do it.
Sometimes I will put an extra enter marker after the bottom number, but all
this I make the same on each page.  I also don't think this is necessary
either, just what I see the scanner has done or how I feel.  Usually the
stripper will take out any unnecessary lines.  All my formatting I do in
Word with the numbers agreed upon before with 16-point for chapters.

The current book I am proofing has stars before in-chapter headings which I
find extremely helpful as I will be able to search on the computer for them
when formatting.  I do not put anything between name of chapter and first
line of text.  Just my preference.
Reggie