[bksvol-discuss] Re: Proofing with my braille note in power

  • From: Regina Alvarado <reggie.alvarado@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 09:44:47 -0500

Going to chime in here! (smiles) Lisa:  I want the same information.  I
cannot imagine proofing in Word and would need a mentor if I ever have to.
Anyone who can give us any help with mPower is deeply appreciated.

I will tell you what I currently do.  I first go into the book in Word.  I
go to "save as" and change it to a .doc file.  I then transfer the book onto
my flash drive in .doc.  I proofread and then transfer it back onto the
computer and change again to .rtf.  Now is when I do all the formatting as
per usual.  Very convoluted, and I have a feeling with the new 2007 and 2010
Word versions that soon we will not be able to use mPower.  Scared to death
this is going to happen.  Again, I would love to hear from anyone who uses
BN mPower to proof.
Reggie