[bksvol-discuss] Re: Page breaks

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 15:33:37 -0600

Jill, In other words,  very much like in a printed book,  or in a Braille
book, the pagebreak in an electronic book allows us to advance rapidly
through the book  Or to go back rapidly through the book.

Technically, a page break is not even a blank line,  but a special
invisible character.

Guido

Guido Dante Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
Research Division,
Phone:  512. 838. 9735.
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web:  http://www.ibm.com/able

"Pratik Patel" <pratikp1@xxxxxxxxx>
01/27/2005 03:17 PM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Page breaks

Jill,

Imagine that you are reading a print book.  When you are ready to turn a
page, you flip one.  In an electronic book, the space considered to be the
page break designates this turning. And divides the material into the type
of sections that a physical book does.  It is not only a blank line.

I hope this helps.

Pratik

Pratik Patel
Interim Director