[bksvol-discuss] Re: Page breaks.

  • From: Jamie Yates <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 03:49:22 -0800 (PST)

To find and replace for make a section break into a
page break in Word 2003:

ctrl-h to bring up the search and replace box

put ^b in the find box

put ^m in the replace box

and then replace all (alt-a)

I think I had read your message earlier and you were
asking about the chapter headings and the other stuff
at the top of the page (like the author's name). Yes
you should take those out. In the Braille copy I'm
told it is frustrating to read the author's name at
the top of every othe rpage.

You can use find and replace for that but be careful
that it doesn't replace the author's name at the first
few pages of the book in the title and copyright
pages. What I do is start it at the first page where
it occurs and do replace all but then when it is done,
I "undo" the last couple of occurences until it's
right.

Same for if it is the title on the other every other
page. If it is chapter headings on every other page
that is harder to do because sometimes the name of the
chapter is a phrase that is sprinkled throughout the
book too.

Jamie in Michigan